Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pass the water to the moron over here


Sometimes I forget that I’m pregnant.

That’s not always a bad thing.  You can’t obsess for 10 months about something…anything…without driving yourself batshitcrazy.  Not to mention the fact that I have a job and a home and a toddler and a marriage to watch over. 
 
But this weekend I forgot long enough to get myself into a pickle.  Literally.  Super high temps added to Memorial Day festivities and parades with a side of getting the big girl room ready.  I did not drink enough, I did not rest enough.  I overdid it, big time. 

At least now I know what pregnancy dehydration feels like.  In case you’re wondering: CRAP.

I’ve spent this morning trying to replace these fluids and not bite anyone’s head off because I feel miserable.  I barely slept at all last night because the headache was so painful that it would wake me every hour or so.  Even after 75+ oz fluid in the last six hours and two Tylenol my head STILL feels like it’s in a vice.  Thankfully, however, the nausea, shakiness, and exhaustion have passed.  


You'd think I would have a handle on this whole "knocked up" thing already.

No comments:

Post a Comment